My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 9, 2009

9th November 2009

Got home late from work...decided I would take everybody's and my own advice, and stay of the bike for a few days...lets see how long I can last???

I have purchased some SealSkinz thermal waterproof socks today, recommended by Rich..Lets hope they sort out my cold tootsies...

I think my cycling agenda worked well this weekend, with chain gang Saturday morning, and non cycling things in the afternoon. Then doggy walkies and chilling Sunday morning and cycle in the afternoon.

So over the winter I will try and keep to this schedule, with cycle club Challenge rides every 5-6 weeks.

This means I wont be doing any cycle club leisure rides, but I fancy doing some exploring anyway :-)

This Sunday I plan to explore more of the Thames & Severn canal route, with a ride to Chalford which is described as....

"The 'alpine' village of Chalford marks the entrance to the Golden Valley - an autumn visit confirms the name. Locks come thick and fast as the valley becomes ever steeper and narrower until, finally, the summit pound is reached at a height of 310 feet above sea level at Daneway."

So lets hope the weather is good, my new warm socks have turned up and I have a bit more energy :-)

2 comments:

Red Bike said...

The socks are great but they're certainly not waterproof after you've worn them a few times.

John Berry said...

Red I am just after something to keep me warm....I am realy suffering the cold this year already! and its got a lot colder to get yet

Post a Comment