My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

7th November 2009 (Saturday)

Got up, showered, changed straight into cycling gear, lovely bowl of porridge for breakfast...

I set of at 9:20 to meet at the Chippenham Cemetry for the cycle club chain gang, I set of on the Merida (It was already disgustingly dirty) - I was wearing Thermals, Long sleeve top, long trousers, Jacket, Hat , 2 pairs of socks, shoes, over shoes, gloves and sun glasses (It was sunny!) - loosing weight is doing nothing for my tolerance of cold weather!...

The ride split into two groups and the pace was very pleasant, I really am struggling to hold a decent pace now...I really do suffer in the cold...

At the end of the chain gang instead of going straight home I continued on to Melksham and Devizes adding a few hills and at least 15 miles to the ride :-)

Today's ride was 55.14 miles in 3 hours 9 minutes with an average speed of 17.5 mph, route here...

When I got back home my feet were frozen! I winged and wined enough for wifey to by me some heated socks :-)

After a rather fine lunch I spent some quality time sorting out the SKS RaceBlades and swapping the lights onto the Peugeot. Then I set about cleaning and lubing the Merida...The CrudCatcher's worked perfectly :-)

The Merida will probably stay parked up in the hallway for the rest of the year now (Probably only being used for longer rides on nice days), the Peugeot will now be the main bike until the Spring.....

Seeing as how I let you know what I was listening to whilst blogging yesterday, I thought I would give yo the same treat today :-) I am a big Iron Maiden fan...I am also a fan of Classical Music...So what can be better than a String Quartet playing Iron Maiden :-)

3 comments:

Nathan Spicer said...

HI Mate, I have just been catching up on your blog, good read as usual! Sorry to hear about you dark, wet, cold days it is quite to opposite here. We are just outdoors all the time, at the beach or out and about, totally different life. Enjoying it so far although I start work tomorrow so normality begins!!! Guess what....I like early mornings!!! Seriously it gets light here about 4:30am so I have been getting up about 6am going for a swim or sitting on the balcony for a while and then have been in bed by about 9pm!!!! whats happened..lets see if it continues :-)

John Berry said...

Nathan :-)....My god you are turning into me!

Up early and bed early...Now if you get yerself a bike you could get 20 miles in on the mornings before work :-)

Good luck...I am envious...

Rafe said...

I once found myself in Adrian Smith's (lead guitarist with Iron Maiden) parent's house in Chingford having a nice chat and a cup of tea with them.

I commented on the fact that every wall in the house was covered in Gold & Platinum discs. His Dad told me that there were more in the loft. I sensed that whilst they were extremely proud, the idea of displaying them on the wall had got somewhat out of hand.

They were really nice people and it's a shame I didn't get to meet Adrian as I rather like maiden at the time. Must have been 25 years ago!

I think I left with an Iron Maiden t-shirt and album. A sign of their generosity or just pleased to be getting rid of some of the clutter? I'll never know, but I suspect it was a bit of both.

Post a Comment