My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

4th November 2009

Worked from home today :-)

I really needed the rest from getting up early, I was shattered...

I didn't make it out for a lunchtime ride, instead I took the dog for a walk.

At 620 I set of on the Merida for a pre-cycle club cycle, I set out down Stanley Lane and over Bencroft Hill, It was a good way to warm up as the night air was fairly nippy.

I headed out the long way to Foxham then started out on the 10 mile TT course, then realised I was being to ambitious, the cycle club starts at 7:30 and it was already nearing 7:10...I loathe this time of the year, and now I enjoy cycling its even worse! places where in the summer I am averaging 20 mph + I struggle to do 16mph now :-(

I diverted from the TT route and headed straight for Great Somerford, then picked back up the TT route having shaved 3-4 miles from it!

I ended up getting to the cycle club at 7:50..But I didn't miss anything :-)

Tonight's very chilly ride was 25.62 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes with an average speed of 15.8 mph, route here...

Some photographs (with me in them) from Sunday 25th October - Dartmoor Devil have been published


And some photographs from Sunday 1st November - Exmoor Beast


Not quite sure why I was smiling on the last one, I was rushing towards a ford, and struggling to slow down on the wet leafy road.

The times have also been published for the Beast

I finished 266 th out of 1090 finishers with a ride time of 4 hours 44, the fastest was 3 hours 42 and the slowest was 10 hours...

Out of the two rides I much preferred the Dartmoor Devil, it was harder but a lot more friendly.

1 comments:

Russ said...

Maybe the smiling was actually wind

Post a Comment