My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

25th November 2009

Worked from home today :-)

Managed to stop and get out on the bike at lunch time....It was windy but relatively warm and sunny, I thought I would give the old 20 mile Lyneham loop a go...The peugeot was lovely and clean, I had lubed the chain and rear dérailleur jockey wheels and it was smooooooooth!

I set of at quite a good pace and was just over the 30 minutes at the 10 mile point, not bad for the heavier Peugeot bike and I was still trying to refrain from using the larger chain ring!

As I turned the Lyneham corner I felt a few drops of rain :-( By the time I was heading down the fastest part of the ride it was a full on downpour, I got soaked :-(

John's top tip in the winter wear a water-proof/wind-proof top even if you set of in the sun!

Second tip...wear cycling glasses at all times because cycling down hill at speed into a downpour is very difficult when you cant see where you are going!

At Christian Malford I descided to use the country lanes as the bike was already wet, and the Christan Malford -> Tytherton Lucas -> Chippenham - lanes are not normally to dirty.

Unfortunately I had to cycle through two quite deep floods :-(

The bike didn't get back home toooooo dirty, but it did get wet :-(

The Garmin had the ride as 23.55 miles... Route here...

I managed to complete the work I was doing just after 6pm, and I was in two minds whether to go to the cycle club or not.

As it was the AGM I decided to leave the nice warm house and brave the cold outside world...

I fitted the water bottle battery to the Peugeot and set of directly to the club, after an entertaining hour and a half the meeting closed...I bought a couple club branded 750ml bottles, then cycled directly home.

The Garmin had the ride as 4.1 miles.... Route here...

Ohhh I registered for my first 2010 event today as well :-) I am going to do all three Tour of Wessex days.... (325 miles in 3 days....best I get training as soon as the weather brightens up!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment