My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

4th October 2009

Decided to go out on the cycle club leisure ride today.

Although I still feel unwell, it was a short (40 mile) ride and I could always come straight back home if I started to find it to hard going.

I cooked porridge for breky then set of to the Chippenham Rugby Club at 9:10 for the 9:30 start, my aim today was NOT to race but just enjoy myself....

I ended up at the front....I ended up going quickly.... I did however force myself to stay of the large chain ring. I almost weakened a couple of time, going down hill...but I resisted the urge to change up gears :-)

We arrived at the garden centre cafe at about 11 (I was feeling good whilst riding, but when we stopped I started feeling run down..), I had a nice pot of tea and a bacon sarnie, when we started off again I perked up again!

We deviated from the route sheet in a big way on the way back to Chippenham, on the main road I had enough of spinning away like a loony, so I eventually gave in and changed up onto the big ring.

The Garmin had the ride as 40.57 miles in 2 hours 29 minutes with an average speed of 16.3 mph, the GPS trace can be found here...

I have to admit I started to get used to the spinning and the hills certainly were a lot easier!

I spent most of the afternoon reading (Dan Brown - The Lost Symobol...I expect to finish it today :-) I am now cooking Roast Pork for tea :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment