My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 12, 2009

12th October 2009

Left work late...got home late :-(

Contemplated going out on the bike, contemplated going on the turbo trainer, then realised that I should actually rest!

The results have been published for the sportive....UKCENewForestSportiveResults2009.pdf, It is in alphabetical order, me being very compettitive had to sort it in time order :-)

I finished 37th out of 127 people that did the Epic route with a time of 5 hours 59 minutes and 25 seconds, not bad for somebody that struggled to do 3 miles in April 2008!

My partner in crime (David Else) finished 10th with 5 hours 29 minutes 51 seconds - I like to think I dragged him along for the first 50 miles :-)

The slowest rider finished in 7 hours 58 minutes and 55 seconds, with the fastest finishing in an impossible 5 hours 48 seconds.

I will finish with an official picture of me smiling whilst descending a 'nice' hill :-)

I didn't look to bad considering I had done 90 miles at that point, I was dressed for the Arctic conditions! (The overshoes were to stop my feet freezing!)

Normal 'mad' riding resumes tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

The Former 550 Pound Cyclist said...

Made John, Superbe fella, keep up with the AMAZING work

Anonymous said...

Great action pic. Good result. Well done you :)
mik

Post a Comment