My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 26, 2009

26th October 2009

I'm on holiday :-) w00t nothing to do......

Well er..um except (I still have to do the oil change on the car....and need to finish sorting the network...and want to install Windoze 7....and want to go for a decent cycle ride everyday..and...and..and..)

I removed the Untangle firewall from the network this morning, it had been running well but was toooooooo slow, I re-installed it with Smoothwall and swapped the 3rd D-link Gigabit NIC with the Realtek Gigabit NIC in the Freenas server, once the main network was back up and running I went for a cycle ride :-)

The sun was shining and the roads were empty :-) although there did appear to be a 360 degree headwind...

I thought I would start where I left off yesterday with a hill climb, although the local climbs are NOTHING like the Dartmoor equivalent...

I thought I would try and squeeze a nice 30 miles in the 2 hours I had available, I didn't want to push myself to hard as yesterdays ride was very tough...

I stopped and took a few pictures on the way round (Thought I would make up for the lack of pictures yesterday)

The only problem with this time of the year is that you work up a nice sweat on the climbs to get bloody cold on the descents...

The trees are still holding on to their leaves


It looked like I was going to come up short on the distance so I extended the return out a little to Studley, it is NOT a fast 12% descent unfortunately as the road is narrow and has a fair bit of loose gravel.

Also as is the case where there is a steep descent there is a steep climb to follow...

The Garmin had today's ride as 30.45 miles in 2 hours 1 minute with an average speed of 15.1 mph, route here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment