My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

21st October 2009

Worked from home today...

I had a VERY busy morning :-( I did manage to pull myself away at 1 pm for a quick cycle...

It helped clear my head a little, I had been itching to get out on the bike...

The couple of days cycle rest must have done me some good I felt really strong and really enjoyed the ride :-) I went out on the Peugeot and banned myself from using the large chain ring :-)

The Garmin had the ride as 16.03 miles in 58 minutes with an average speed of 16.3 mph, route here...

I stopped work and ate at 5:30...then got changed and went out for the pre-cycle club evening ride at 6pm, I fitted the SKS RaceBlades to the Merida as I needed to make sure they still fitted and were ok (Mudguards and lights are mandatory for the Dartmoor Devil)

I set of on my quiet 20 route which turned into a 26.59 route due to the cycle club deviation :-)

I set a stinking pace and ended up having to do some extra miles as I was way to early for the cycle club, as it was I still turned up at 7:20 for a 7:30 start...

The Garmin had the ride as 26.59 miles in 1 hour 24 minutes with an average speed of 18.9 mph. route here...

2 comments:

Joby said...

18.9mph average... Crikey!

Remind me NEVER to ride with you.

John Berry said...

Hmmmm my aim was to go quickly!!! I find it damn frustrating that I cant go as quickly now the weathers colder....

Post a Comment