My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 229 (Sunday)

Today was another group ride out, hosted by Joy, planned by Dave :-)

The only bits of the route I can explain are...me in car from Chippenham to Leamington at stupid o'clock in the morning, arriving 45 minutes before I was supposed to...

We set of from Joys exclusive 'Royal Leamington Spa' pad at just before 10, As I don't know the area hardly at all (Other than the Fosse way) my cycle Blog will be an interesting description...until Dave posts where we actually went to...We cycled for a few miles then apparently we ended up on the wrong road at one point and got to a T-junction that didn't exist?


Or was it the right road and a T-Junction that shouldnt have been there????

We eventually ended up cycling through Wellsbourne (Wahooo a place I know..I drive past it every day to and from work) and past the Airfield...Its massive! and I didn't have any idea of the scale of size.

We cycled up and down some fantastic roads and ended up at Stratford at 11:30 ish (Apparently due to taking a few wrong roads we had shaved 10 miles of the pre Stratford leg) as we were all starting to get cold we opted for an early lunch and found a suitable Cafe were we could lock the bikes up in plain view.


After lunch we headed for some famous dead geezers house and another photo oportunity.


From here we cycled around north and ended seeing direction signs that I had seen before ,'Balsall Common', 'Chadwick End' etc..etc We had cycled here on Nathan's ride.

When we got to the outskirts of Leamington Joy took over in the lead and navigated us through to the exclusive bit...

According to my cycle computer we did 50.64 miles in 3 hours 32 minutes ride time(We set of at 10 am is and got back at 3pm ish so elapsed was around 5 hours) with an Average Speed of 14.3 mph.

It was really fun :-) Thanks Joy and Dave :-) (I hope to get a proper route plot from Dave and I will post it when I get it!)

The cold made it very fatiguing, and I was very tired on the drive home. Dave showed that there are some challenging hills in Warwickshire/ Stratford area. I purposely hung at the back of the group this time(Hay it was no good me being in the front, I didn't have a clue where we were going!) and I found it a challenge going up the hills slowly...although my Hill strength has come on some what in the past month or two so I was able to go up all of the hills without dropping out of the middle chain ring :-)

Ahhhaaaaaa Dave has sent me the route we did :-) (here....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment