My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 221 (Saturday)

Got up and went for a lovely long walk at West Woods with wifey and Rosie (Dog)

Got back home and had some lunch and got changed (Put on loads of layers as it was cold out)
I have been wanting to cycle up to Bratton Camp for a long time but have not been able to summon up the courage to cycle up the hill.
But to day I finished of last weeks ride and made it up the hill (Didn't climb out of the saddle at all! and didn't stop - Not even when I got to the top!)

I cycled from Chippenham -> Corsham -> Box -> Bathford -> Bradford-on-Avon -> Trowbridge -> Hilperton Marsh -> Steeple Ashton -> Bratton -> Bratton Camp -> West Lavington -> Devizes -> Sandy Lane -> Chippenham (Route Here...)

I actually remembered to stop when I got to Box to take a picture of the entrance/exit of Box Tunnel

I also took some pictures from Bratton Camp.

The picture really doesn't to justice to the length and scale of the hill.

I did find todays ride VERY hard work again! I wonder if the lower temperature as an impact on fatigue? I am pretty certain it must do.

Today I cycled 51.84 miles in 3 hours 32 minutes with an average speed of 14.6 mph (And it was bloody cold! - and starting to get dark when I got home)

0 comments:

Post a Comment