My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 208 (Sunday)

Up early, normal Sunday house tidy then straight out on the bike.

There was an icy cold strong wind, so I thought I would go for a shorter '20' ride, I set of towards Calne then Lyneham, Then my chain fell off :-( I fitted it back on and adjusted the de-railer.
When I got to Sutton Benger I felt like going a bit further, so I turned right and headed towards Maud Heath's causeway and up the VERY punishing and steep Wick hill where a statue of Maud Heath can be seen.

(Photo from wiki, I didn't have my camera!)

Then It was down hill to Stanley and back to Chippenham.

A round trip of 25.12 miles that unfortunately took 1 hour 42 minutes to complete! (It was one hell of a headwind! and when I say Wick hill is steep it is! ) The route can be seen here...

On arrival back home I de-gunked the chain and gave the bike a wash, then applied some nice new oil to the chain, and gave the shiney metal bits a spray of WD-40.

0 comments:

Post a Comment