My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 200 (Saturday)

Well today was cold.....no VERY cold!

I wrapped up in thermals and set of on my 'normal 30', I did have delusions of attempting 50 but the frozen feet of the first 18 miles saw an end to that!

I noticed that my back wheel had gone out of true, I pulled over expecting to find a broken spoke, but on inspection found no such thing so I continued on :-) (More about this later!)

I worked last week instead of taking the half term of as usual so that I could buy the much wanted new bike, my intention was always to see what the local shop would offer then try Evans in Bristol, So I stopped in peddlers in calne on the return leg, and I said 'I want a road bike with 105 chain set that will be able to take me on JOGLE with gears to suit', and I was made an offer that was VERY reasonable on a Merida 904-20 2009 model :-), So I have payed a deposit ;-)

Now when I got home I took the back wheel out of the Dawes ready to take it to the shop to be trued up, I normaly give the wheel a good clean before taking it and during the clean I found why the wheel buckled! It has had a structural failure of the rim ;-(


So I swapped the cassett, tube and tyre onto the spare wheel we bought a couple of months ago, and I'm afraid the Alex 18 rim is destined for the bin (Although I may still try a warranty replace)

So today I cycled 29.21 miles, froze!, bought a new bike, and replaced the back wheel on the Dawes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment