My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day 187 (Sunday)

Got up early, stoked the fire up and sat in front of it....nice cosy and warm...

Eventually moved and tidied up. Then I braved the icy cold outside and went for a ride on the mountain bike to Avebury and back, along the cycle way.

The cycle way has the best view of Cherhill White Horse and Monument

Some of the cycle way proved VERY interesting to navigate.

When I got to Avebury I did not relish the idea of cycling back up hill across the fields to get to Yatesbury so I opted to cycle on the main road past Silbury Hill and on Up the A4, Turning back onto the Byway at Yatesbury.

Then it was downhill all the way to Calne, were I followed the Wilts Berks Canal for a couple of yards...

Because the canal is not complete there is no boat traffic to keep the duck weed at bay and it looks very green..

From Calne it was back onto the familiar cycle way home.

Today I cycled 31.7 miles on the mountain bike, I haven't been on the mountain bike for quite some time and I found the whole exercise quite a lot slower than I am now used to....But it was FUN and I really enjoyed it....

0 comments:

Post a Comment