My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 186 (Saturday)

Started the day with a nice long walk with wifey and Rosie in West Wood...


We had soup for lunch then I headed straight out on my cycle ride. I cycled the planned route for next Sunday (Route here...).

It was a VERY nice ride although I am a bit concerned about the right turn at Avebury, as It is a nasty blind corner, It may be worth cycling on into the centre of Avebury and turning around that way it is a nice safe left turn ;-)

The centre of Marlborough was closed off and I had to detour around it, The hill out of Marlborough into the Savernake Forest was a bit punishing.

Although it was well worth it as the trees are now starting to show their golden colours.



From Savernake to Easton Royal was cross country and again very nice riding, but unfortunately I was starting to head into wind, and I remained cycling into wind for the next 30 miles...

After Alton Barnes I stopped to take some pictures of the rolling hills, they always impress me.



From there on it was plain sailing (Cycling) to Devizes and on home although the constant head wind was a pain...

So today I cycled 50.18 miles in 3 hours 10 minutes with an average speed of 15.8 mph and according to Lyneham met office it was a 14 mph WSW wind, Hopefully the wind will be a little calmer next Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment