My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 179 (Saturday)

What a fantastic day ;-)

Got up late'ish had porridge for breaky and milled around the house a bit, then took Rosie (dog) for a really nice walk along the river. Got back for lunch, then decided I would go for a longer ride than I had planned.

I ended up doing 40 miles, the main part of the planned ride for the 26th and it was fantastic, next to no wind and beautiful sun shine.



The leaves on the trees are clearly turning now :-(


I find the slumping ground down the hills very intriguing


And the view across the countryside was magnificent


When I reached Bromham I had to make a descision, go via Lacock and turn in a nice 50 mile ride or carry straight on home and complete a lesser 40 mile ride.

I opted for the direct route home and completed the 39.47 miles in 2 Hours 21 Minutes with and avs of 16.6 mph. When I got back I put the bike away immediately, changed out of the cycle shoes and put my boots on and warmed down by cutting the grass.

Just as I was starting to get used to the idea that winter meant bad weather and no cycling, out pops a fantastic day ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment