My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 98

Woke up early.

Went for cycle ride at 5pm, did the Chippenham -> Calne -> Lyneham -> Dauntsy -> Chippenham ride.

The weather was fantastic ;-) (Sunny and little wind)

The chain fell off, at the top of Derry Hill as I was changing up gears to tank down the nice long straight, I cursed of course and pulled over to re-fit it, when I started of again and changed up the chain fell off again ;-( I noticed that the front derailer had been bent out slightly by the first chain offing so I engineered it back again so that it is parallel with the sprockets - All seemed to work as expected again after that, although I ended up with oily fingers for the rest of the ride, mental note to always carry some wet wipes with me...

I managed the 21.66 mile ride in 1 hour 16 min with an average speed of 16.2 mph. When I got back home I de-gunked the chain and gave the bike a wash, making sure that the derailer's were clean and set up correctly, I finished of by re-oiling the chain.

Had salad for tea in the garden, then took Rosie for a nice walk in the park.

Was then hoping to play computer games, but a recent graphics driver update has killed Counter Strike ;-( so spent most of the evening getting the game to work ;-(

0 comments:

Post a Comment