My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 88 (Saturday)

Woke up later than normal! cooked porridge for wifey 'n' me, then reviewed planned route
I decided that I couldn't face visiting Devizes twice in one day AND I didn't want to go on the A303 - So I made a last minute change and thought I would head Chippenham -> Calne -> Marlborough -> Pewsey -> Upavon -> Netheravon -> Larkill -> Shrewton -> Tilshead -> West Lavington ->Devizes -> Bromham -> Melksham -> Lacock -> Chippenham (Gmap route here
Trackme also worked well - Select Day88)

I set of at 10 am and arrived back home at 3:10 pm covering a total distance of 75.08 miles ;-) with an average speed of 15.6 mph - Head winds again ;-(
The computer had me pedalling for 4 hours 49 mins (The missing minutes was me stopping to eat lunch!)

It was very interesting! when I set of the hill's did not bother me at all (I have got used to them and seldom have to change out of the top gear range now)- This cannot be said for the final 20 miles!
When I got back to Lacock I thought it would be a good idea to try and cycle up Bowden Hill....It was NOT, Although I could continue cycling I did not have the energy to make it up such a steep hill. (I hope as I push the distance my stamina will grow)

The handlebar bag worked perfectly (Carrying puncture repair kit, lunch, more drink, freeloader and phone). The freeloader also worked well although I think I may have left the display on the phone as they both appeared to be almost flat on return home.

It does seem a bit bizarre cycling all of the way to Stonehenge and NOT actually going to see it! but the A303 is not something I ever plan to tackle on a bicycle!

I would like to say that I feel as good doing 75 miles as I do doing 50......But I dont..I actually feel drained of energy now - and physically tired - This is not like the early days when muscles ached etc...This is tired.........

0 comments:

Post a Comment