My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 95 (Saturday)

Got up early.....had porridge for breky ;-)

Had to got to Stockbridge to pick something up so we strapped the Dawes to the back of the car (On the rack) and picked up 'the something' and dropped me and the bike of.

I then cycled back home 47.11 miles with a constant headwind ;-(

It was a really nice ride across the Salisbury plain(I always find the tank crossing signs quite funny)


And the Savernake Forest was completely different at bicycle speed.


The gmap of the route can be found here

It was quite interesting to do an almost straight ride instead of a loop, for one thing there was no break in the headwind! but I still managed the 47 miles in 3hrs 15 mins.

When I got back home I had lunch then repaired the motorbikes, then cooked tea.

Now I am tired!

2 comments:

DaveTheA said...

Still really impressed with your dedication... this will reap lots of rewards when you ask your body to cycle 80 or so miles every day.

You will never look back to the old John; be proud mate.

Your birthday pressie is on order!

John Berry said...

Ohhh thanks Dave...

You know what they say Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance, Or fail to plan is a plan to fail.

I am going into this with my eyes wide open.

Ohhhhh birthday pressie...what we getting???????

Post a Comment