My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

5th July 2009 (Sunday)

Got up, showered and changed straight into cycling gear ready to go out with the cycling club for the second time :-)

After milling around for a while I set of at 9am to meet up with them all at the 'Herman Miller' roundabout for a 9:30 start. (The Camera broke last week so I havent taken any pictures - A replacement should turn up this week...)

The ride was really enjoyable again....We cycled to Bratton, had a nice cup of tea/coffee and the cycle back, a round trip of 45 miles (For me...including the ride to the start point and the return home after).

The cycle computer had the ride as 45.38 miles in 3 hours with an average speed of 15 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

I have found the club rides really good as they have been avoiding busy roads, although cycling to Bratton without cycling up the white horse did seem a bit of a let down.....

I have decided to have a go at the cycle club time trial on Wednesday, I was advised against it as it is 'Hilly', but I am used to hills :-)

I have also entered an Audax event.....'West Bay and Back'. If I get on with it I think I may join the Audax UK club and do 1 a month.....I really fancy doing the Dragon ride next June :-)

I am not sure where this is all heading.....I like touring, I want to Time Trial, I want to have a go at Audax/Sportive. What about racing?????

0 comments:

Post a Comment