My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

12th July 2009 (Sunday)

Up early and boiled up some fruit in cider to make a cake :-)

It was raining out so put wind/water proof top on, sorted out the clear specs and was thinking about digging out the water proofs and the overshoes, I fitted the Race Blade mudguards to the bike...

It stopped raining and the sun came out when I set of towards Chippenham Rugby club for the 9:30 start. I was in 2 minds to change the clear glasses to sun glasses and leave the top behind, overshoes had been left anyway.

We set of out to Chipping Sodbury and the heavens opened again, I was instantly drenched, and getting soaked from the guy in front, I was about the only one who bothered fitting mudguards :-(

When we got to the tea shop, there was another cycle club there already and it was full :-(

I opted for not hanging around and came straight on home with Simon (Following at least some of the planned route).

On arriving home the first priority was to clean and oil the bike :-)...

After Lunch and shower, I stuck the bike on the Turbo Trainer and re-adjusted the gears (The gears were starting to click and the indexing was slightly out)

The cycle computer had today's ride as 41.79 miles in 2 hours 33 minutes.

The GPS track can be found here...

----Part 2----
I baked the Worcester Cider cake in the afternoon then cooked Cider Roast Chicken with Par Boil roast potatoes, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes etc...etc..etc (There may be a Cider theme going on here...)

After eating the evening meal, the sun was out and I was feeling like a cycle ride so I popped out and did my 'Normal 20'.

The Lyneham met office had the weather as...

1800 Sunny intervals 19.0 °C W 15 mph
40 km 1008 hPa, Rising
1900 Sunny intervals 18.6 °C W 10 mph
40 km 1008 hPa, Rising

So I wasnt expecting to go particularly quickly....

According to the cycle computer I completed the 21.25 mile ride in 1 hour 2 minutes with an average speed of 20.2 mph. (I think racing the virtual me helps as I have somthing to focus on and work at!)

The GPS tarck of the ride can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment