My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

14th July 2009

Got in from work at a reasonable time, got changed and went straight out on the bike.

The plan was to do the same 'Hilly 20' that I did on Friday ( Chippenham -> Lacock -> Naish Hill -> Bromham -> Lacock -> Bowden Hill -> Chippenham)

I set off towards Lacock and it started raining, I climbed up Naish Hill and the sun came out :-) But the bike had already got dirty :-(

I headed around Bromham and back to Lacock and thought it might be a better idea to go up Naish Hill again as its a bit more challenging :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 22.11 miles in 1 hour 24 minutes with an average speed of 15.6 mph and a top speed of 47 mph :-)

The GPS track can be found here...

I was looking at gear ratios on the Merida today, it currently has 50/34 front chain rings and 11/25 rear cassette - there is an option of fitting a 12/27 rear cassette that may make the 25% hill's more possible!!! Or perhaps the additional 3-4k miles I have done since the last time I was in Porlock may already be enough?

0 comments:

Post a Comment