My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

25th July 2009 (Saturday)

Got up early and went for the longest cycle ride I have done to date...

I cycled from Chippenham to the top of the Gospel Pass and back, a total of 151.8 miles and 12,012 ft climb with a single climb of 1,820 ft up the pass itself.

This was the first time I have done a there and back ride of such a length.

The weather was perfect.


I held a reasonable speed of over 16 mph until I started climbing the mountain then the average speed plumeted.

I made it to the top of the mountain at about 12:30 stopped for lunch and some photies





The ride down the mountain was very quick :-) I was hoping that the ride home would be quick, but I hadnt banked on the 1:6 climb at Pen-Y-Cae-Mawr.....

I eventualy made it back home at 6:30....A long day!

The cycle computer had the ride as...151.71 miles in 9 hours 53 minutes with an average speed of 15.3.

The GPS track can be found here...

Interestingly it says I used 11,367 calories!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment