My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

28th June 2009 (Sunday)

Went for a cycle with the local cycle club today 'Chippenham Wheelers'...Wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised :-)

We met at the entrance to Wavin on the northern side of Chippenham at 9:30, I set of from home at 9 and cycled through town.

I paid my non-members pound and set of with the 'fast' group, the pace wasn't that fast and it was quite pleasant :-)

We ended up cycling down some 'interesting' roads and popped out at the cotswold water park :-) where we stopped for tea/coffee.

Then the 'fast' group headed back to Chippenham, with me attached again :-)

The pace back was a little slower but still fair.

I was thinking that the ride was nice and the pace was good, then I was told they don't normally do it that fast :-(

I think I enjoyed the ride and would like to explore the idea of doing a time trial so I think I may well join the cycle club! (Ohh how I have changed!)

I have saved the route used today and I think I may well go out on it myself to see what sort of speed I can do it at :-)

The cycle computer had today's ride as 56.23 miles in 3 hours 22 minutes with an average speed of 16.7 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

<------EDIT----->
Hmmm I had tea and was sat doing nothing sweating in the kitchen, so I though I would rather be sweating doing something on the bike, so I went out and did my 'Normal 20' - shouldn't have raced myself again.....

I ended up doing the 21.24 mile in 1 hour 1 minute with an average speed of 20.7 mph!!!

The GPS track can be found here...

It would appear that when there is no or slight wind I can do my 20 at evens relatively easily now.....I just need somebody else to do it with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment