My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

17th June 2009

Worked from home today :-)

Part 1...
Intention was to get up very early and go for a cycle ride....I almost did....but ended up going back to sleep :-)

It did mean that I started work earlier!

At lunchtime I went out for my 'Normal 20', I decided to use the Garmin Virtual Partner and race myself against the last 'Normal 20'...I won :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 21.47 miles in 1 hour 13 min with an average speed of 17.5 mph.

The GPS track can be found here..

Part 2...

Stopped work at 4:30 and went for another 'Normal 20' - I enjoyed my race so much I thought I'd have another go with the Virtual Me....I won again :-)....guess I will have to save the faster me as the baseline...

It was raining when I set off and it continued for the whole ride.....I must be mad!

The cycle computer had the ride as 21.28 miles in 1 hour 14 with an average speed of 17.1 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

It would appear that the race is against the stored elapsed time in the track ...because I had stopped and pumped the tyre up it actualy gives me an extra 5 minutes to beat me :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment