My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

20th June 2009 (Saturday)

Whooooo woke up late :-)....the sun was out and it was warm..

Put cycle kit on, booted up computer and it didn't.......spent half an hour or so fixing it then had breaky and surfed the net a bit......

Eventually I made it out on the bike..Told wifey I would go for a shortish ride as I had lots of things to do.....

Unfortunately as the pedals started turning I forgot I was on a short ride and ended up going a little further a field :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 50.78 mile's in 3 hours with an average speed of 16.8 mph

The GPS track can be found here...

When I got back from the ride I showered changed and had lunch then started working on Son's car...

The Head gasket has blown in a rather spectacular way...

Halford's failed to get the headset in - even though it was ordered and promised for Friday/Saturday...

Whilst I was still a bit messy I degreased and cleaned up the chain and sprocket sets - on the Merida.

After the 3rd shower of the day I set about washing the bike then cooking BBQ for tea......

The benefits of doing long rides are I can eat what I want and don't feel guilty...I am wondering if the 3 Green Goblins (Cider) may have been a bit to much though....

They didn't seem to inhibit the re-oiling of the bike to badly...I think.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment