My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 22, 2009

22nd June 2009

Got home from work at 6:15 ish got changed then went straight out on the bike for my 'Normal 20'.

I raced against myself again, using the Garmin Virtual Partner, it was tough!

There was no perceivable wind, Lyneham met office observations showed...

1800 Medium-level Cloud 20.1 °C N 6 mph
30 km 1027 hPa, Falling
1900 Medium-level Cloud 19.7 °C N 7 mph
30 km 1027 hPa, Falling

And I did my 21.26 mile ride in an amazing 1 hour and 3 minutes with an average speed of 20.1 mph!

I have been trying to break 20 mph average on the ride since I started, but never actually thought I would do it :-) (Dave said it was a good ride for evens...well I guess he was right)

The GPS track for the ride can be found here...

Riding against a shadow me is really quite demanding as there is a constant fight to stay ahead of me....All the way to Lyneham the virtual me was between 10 and 20 seconds ahead, but as I turned back towards Sutton Benger down Dauntsey Bank, I leapt ahead, there was NO headwind and I was averaging over 20 mph on the home stretch :-)

When I got back home I was proper knackered!

I think I will save today as the new 'Normal 20' baseline.....and I won't be beating me for a while yet!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment