My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

21st June 2009 (Sunday)

Didn't get up and go quite the way I had planned....

Eventualy I got up and made porridge for breaky, I had hoped to set of early but I ended up leaving at gone 9:30.

I had planned the ride to avoid all major trunk roads and any major town centres, this did mean that the gradients of the roads were expected to be a tadge steeper.

I set of out of Chippenham towards Bradford on Avon, then towards Rode...along the route of an old Roman Road.

Interestingly Roman roads had to be straight by a law enacted by Tribune Gracchus in 123 BC.

The country ride worked perfectly, no car stress, one or two steep climbs but nothing to major.

I stopped for lunch at 55 miles (Just over 3 hours) and was most upset that my phone had stopped working (Assumed flat) and I couldn't twitter!

I had my first glimpse of the sea at 74 miles :-)

It was then down hill (quite literally) to Lyme Regis.

I met wifey and daughter, got changed into some fresh clothes then hired a self drive boat and went fishing :-)

The real miracle was that we actually caught some fish!

We headed home at 5pm ish and stopped at the Horse and Groom pub near Frome (Same one that Joy,Nathan and myself stopped at on Day 9 of JOGLE)

On the bright side the phone wasn't flat, it had just crashed and needed re-setting.

The cycle computer had today's ride as 80.38 miles in 5 hours 13 min with an average speed of 15.3 mph.

The GPS track can be found here...

The Merida has now done over 4000 miles :-(

0 comments:

Post a Comment