My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

27th June 2009 (Saturday)

Got up early and took the tyre and inner tube off of the broken wheel, at 8:30 headed of to Calne and Peddlers shop, only to find that it is closing down today....another victim of Gordon 'Fecking' Brown's junta...

So we tried a couple of shops in Swindon where they couldn't help us, we headed to Evans Cycles in Bristol and I bought a new back wheel a Shimano RS20, I will get the old RS10 fixed in City Cycles in Chippenham and keep it as a spare :-).

When we got back home the postie had been and delivered the new 105 rear cassette that I ordered from ebay, so I fitted it to the new wheel :-)

I replaced the chain with the new KMC chain that I bought as a spare for JOGLE and cleaned up and lubed the jockey wheels on the rear derailleur.

When I finished the bike had bling!


Eventually I managed to make it out on the bike!

As time was running short I just went out on my 'Normal 25'...Something very strange has happened with me as even this ride was considerably faster than normal!

According to the cycle computer I did 25.59 miles in 1 hour 22 min with an average speed of 18.4 mph

The GPS track can be found here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment