My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 260

Got up and was starved so made a cooked breaky for family :-) Lyneham met office had the temperature at -3 Deg C so I thought I would leave the bike ride for a while!

I decided to swap the cyclo-cross tyres for the original Schwalbe Stevio tyres (puncture resistant), just as I finished a delivery man knocked on the door with my new tyres in hand :-) so I fitted the Schwalbe Marathon tyres instead :-)


At 11 wifey went of shopping to Ikea so I thought I would set off on my ride although the temperature still appeared to be negative.

I opted for doing my now 'normal' 25 mile ride in reverse so I started of down the quiet country lanes and ended up on the busier A4. (Route here...)

It did mean tackling the rather steep hill on Stanley lane within 3 miles from home but it was a good way to warm up!

The trees at the top of the hill were covered in frost

When I reached Lyneham the headwind turned into a much better tail wind, unfortunately I have now come to realise that when working hard into a headwind you keep quite warm, when having it easy with a tail wind you cool off very quickly and the wind chill starts to bite as well.

The new tyres did feel a bit easier to cycle with and I am confident that they will be a lot harder to puncture!

The cycle computer showed 25.69 miles in 1 hour 54 minutes with an average speed of 13.4 mph, Lyenham Met office had the weather as -2 Deg C with 9 mph NNE wind

0 comments:

Post a Comment