My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 235 (Saturday)

Very, very, VERY busy day!

Got up, stoked up fire, made porridge for breaky (At the same time as boiling some fruit up for a Worcester Cider fruit cake :-), took dog for walk, went xmas shopping, had lunch out, on returning home got changed and went out for cycle....setting of from home at about 1pm.

The sky was clear, the visibility was perfect and it was cold! I set of with no real plans of a route...

I headed towards Calne then Avebury turning right at Broad Hinton (Over the white horse)

Then on towards Marlborough, the visibility was excellent.

At Marlborough I turned back onto the A4 towards Chippenham, turning left at Clatford to go down the country lanes towards Devizes.

When I got to Alton the sun was realy starting to go down.


From Alton it was a right turn at Alton Priors, then on to Devizes and then Home...Route here...

I had to have my lights on from Devizes onwards as it was really becoming twilight.

According to the cycle computer I cycled 49.2 miles in 3 hours 9 minutes with an average speed of 15.6 mph. The actual elapsed time was 1pm (ish) to 4:20(ish) so 1 hour 20 (ish)

On arriving home I finished mixing up the cake and shoved it in the oven, had a shower, then made up pastry for some mince pies :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment