My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 145 (Sunday)

I woke up early ad wifey said I could go for a cycle ride ;-)

I set of on the same route as yesterday, Chippenham -> Devizes -> Avebury -> Calne -> Chippenham (Route here...)

29.2 miles in 1 Hour 47 Minutes, Over the coming months I will be unable to get out Wednesday morning and night due to it being dark, cold, wet and dangerous! I have agreed with work that I would take an extended lunch but start earlier and finish later (So I would still work the allotted hours) I think this route may well be the route I will be doing, although short it has one hell of a workout!

I cooked cottage pie for tea and whilst it was in the oven I gave the Turbo Trainer its first use! OMG I am knackered!

I think it could get VERY boring just spinning away on it - I think it will be essential to divide the turbo time into smaller manageable tasks. Today I spent 10 Minutes spinning away in the easiest gear to warm up, then I slammed everything into the highest gear and worked hard for 2 minutes then back to the easiest gear for 2 minutes - I repeated the cycle 5 times the finished of spinning away for 10 minutes to cool down.

I sweated a gallon! my t-shirt was ringing wet as were my socks and everything in between, the bike was wet and the floor had a damp patch! I had to jump straight in a shower! I found the 30 minute session very hard work! and interestingly my shoulders are aching now?

I think the Turbo time may well be a valuable training tool but will be NO substitute for actualy going out on the road

0 comments:

Post a Comment