My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://johns-cycling-diary.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 144 (Saturday)

Got up, made porridge for wifey 'n me then went for a shortish ride.

Chippenham -> Devizes -> Avebury -> Calne -> Chippenham (Route here...)

The total route although only 29.24 miles has some massive climbs in it (according to Bikely 1405 ft).

The thought of going up Dunkirk Hill with SPD-SL pedals actually made me choose alternative routes - but today I have climbed Old Derry Hill and Dunkirk Hill with hardly a second thought.

I stopped in peddlers on my way back through Calne to talk about bikes, It appears that I may be able to get a Merida 905 within my Budget, this will include an Ultegra group set, so even better than the 105 I was thinking of.

I have also set up the Turbo Trainer and had a little go ;-)....It is slightly different than I expected! The first problem is getting on the bike! it stands about half a foot higher and wont lean. I will probably have 30 minutes on it tommorow instead of going out for a real cycle ride.

The plan is to not spend as much time on the bike this weekend as it took over last week!

I am now busy my self cooking tea, we are having visitors....

0 comments:

Post a Comment